The main objective of the hair transplant procedure is to restore your receding hairline. People suffer hair loss for several reasons, like aging, accidents, traumas, etc. These people find it disturbing to accept baldness or hair fall. So, for this purpose, hair transplants were introduced.
Self-care is the best form of love. As a result, people get hair transplants to enhance their appearance. So, when someone considers receiving therapy, several questions pop up in their minds.
Therefore, this article will include what is the success rate of hair transplants as well as various details about hair transplants. If you are curious about the prices then search for hair transplant cost in Lahore, Pakistan a third-world country and you will get a huge variety online.
What is hair transplantation?
Hair transplant is a surgery that aids in the recovery of hair loss in patients with hair issues. The procedure primarily involves the removal of hair follicles from one area and implantation of them in the other region of the scalp. However, two main procedures that carry out this treatment are:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) is a treatment that involves detaching a patch of skin from the donor site, separating and implanting hair follicles to the desired location on the scalp. The donor area is sealed with the help of stitches. Moreover, this procedure leaves a large noticeable scar.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is a procedure that requires a medical tool to extract individual hair follicles from the donor location. After that, the follicles are rooted into the bald regions. Furthermore, unlike FUT, this surgery leaves a few inconspicuous scars rather than a massive obvious scar.
In terms of effectiveness, both treatments work wonders. However, in some cases, the impact can be different, or unusual.
How long does it take for the procedure to complete?
Generally, it takes 4-8 hours. But, the exact time is determined by the size of the procedure, which means the number of hair follicles to be transplanted.
However, FUE is more time-consuming and requires a proficient surgeon. Both procedures produce extraordinary results when performed meticulously.
The procedures are performed under local anesthesia and the patient is allowed to go home soon after his procedure ends.
What is the success rate of hair transplants? What impacts the success rate?
The success rate of the hair transplants of patients is determined one year after the procedure. Though studies have shown that 90% of the patients receiving transplants have gained optimistic outcomes.
The success of any procedure lies in a few factors:
- Skill of the surgeon: A skillful surgeon will know how and what to do with each of his patients.
- Equipment Quality: A high-quality equipment will help the procedure to be carried out precisely.
- Good candidate: A person who is eligible for the procedure will produce good results. Healthy hair follicles from the donor site are a blessing.
- Patients’ efforts: After the surgery, following the surgeons’ advice and taking proper care adds up to the results.
How to be careful after the procedure?
Firstly, your doctor will give you complete instructions on dos and don’ts along with a list of medicines.
Secondly, following the instructions of your surgeon is mandatory. During the surgery, the surgeon spent a lot of hours working on your head. Therefore, it is your responsibility too, to cooperate on your side after the surgery.
Lastly, if you experience something unusual, contact your surgeon right away to avoid any harm to the hair follicles.
In conclusion, hair transplant procedures are successful hair recovery techniques with a more than 90% success rate. It is recommended to discuss your desired look with your doctor before the surgery. Moreover, at times, further treatments are also required to achieve a complete appearance and a fuller hairline. You can search online for best hair specialist doctor in Karachi, Pakistan, and book a consultation session online.