If you plan on relocating to a new state and want to transport your vehicle, then you need to work with the authorities to change the registration details of your vehicle. You need to submit all the necessary documents to the registration office such as identity proof, photos, sales deeds, ownership details, and other vehicle details.
Different Ways to Transport Your Vehicle
There are many ways in which you can transport your vehicle to other states. If you live alone and have less stuff to transport, you can put your stuff in your vehicle and drive to your destination. You not only save on cost but get a free road trip.
If you are relocating to a faraway state, then the best option for you would be to hire vehicle shipping companies such as Ship a Car Inc. located in Coral Springs, Florida. There are one of the pioneers in shipping all kinds of vehicles and motorbikes. They will assign you skilled transporters and even update you on the live status of the delivery. If you want to know more on how to transport your vehicles to different states, you can check out https://www.shipacarinc.com/how-to-ship-a-car-to-another-state/
Some of the other ways in which you can transport your vehicles include:
- Hire interstate movers
- Hire professional drivers
- Rent a towing truck
- Transport your vehicle by train or boat
If you search online, you will come across many companies that deal with interstate vehicle transfers. Check for company reviews and go in with licensed companies. If you do not trust your prestigious vehicle with transportation companies, you can even hire professional drivers who will drive your vehicle to other states.
You can even contact your local towing truck companies and enquire if they offer vehicle transport services. Last, but not least, you can have your vehicle transported by boat or train, if you are moving to another state.
Vehicle Registration Transfer Process
Now, before you get ready to transport your vehicle to another state, ensure that your vehicle registration transfer process is complete. Below is the procedure that you need to follow:
- First, you need to get your vehicle de-registered from the vehicle registration office
- Apply for NOC by filling in the required applications
- Submit the NOC to the new state registration office
- Pay the necessary road tax
- Get your new vehicle registration number
Now, in case you have failed to complete the necessary registration process and have already moved to a new state, then the process is slightly different:
- If you have not paid your road tax, then you need to pay the penalty and submit a Non-migration certificate
- If you have a NOC, but for some reason decided not to transfer your vehicle, then you need to contact your old registration office and cancel your NOC
- If you have decided to sell your vehicle in the new state, you need to submit both the NOC as well as the road tax receipt to the new registration office
Hiring vehicle shipping companies save you time and money. Ensure that you do your homework on the overall shipping costs before choosing any transportation company.