There has been a surge in the popularity of CBD ever since the Government legalized medical cannabis and while there have been many claims on what Cannabidiol (CBD) can do, one has to be sure of what CBD really is all about.
I have compiled everything you need to know about CBD in this article. Also, check out this drug rehab near me.
What is CBD?
CBD otherwise known as Cannabidiol is a naturally occurring chemical compound that is found in Cannabis plants. CBD is non-psychoactive, unlike its THC counterpart. Hence it does not get users high.
The CBD extracted from hemp has less than 1% THC therefore it is considered more desirable than that of marijuana.
What are the uses of CBD?
There are many medical uses of CBD, some of the notable ones are:
- For treating Anxiety and Depression: Anxiety and Depression are major mental disorders affecting people of the U.S. CBD oils are effective naturally occurring medicine for combating these disorders, they influence serotonin hormone responsible for regulating mood and behavior to ensure stability in the patients. Medical studies show it is safe for both animals and humans.
- For pain management: Prior to the discovery of CBD, Marijuana has been used in the treatment of pains. Recent studies show that CBD is one of the components of Marijuana that helps to relieve pain as it influences the endocannabinoid receptor activity in the human body to reduce inflammation.
- Improve the heart’s health: findings reveal that CBD helps to lower heart blood pressure. While there is no clear hypothesis on how this results, many researchers say it is due to its anti-anxiety properties.
- For treating skin acne: CBD when mixed with oil extracts from coconut and son are used for treating acne because of their anti-inflammatory traits and the ability to ensure the production of sebum from the sebaceous glands in moderate quantities.
- For combating Insomnia: People who have problems sleeping can use CBD to aid their sleep quality. You will have to seek the audience of your medical doctor to know what dose is right for your situation.
- Preventing the spread of cancer: CBD can be used to reduce the spread of cancer in patients. CBD works by suppressing and destroying the growth of these cancerous cells.
What are the forms of CBD?
CBD exists in various forms and no form is better than the other but you may have to choose any of the options based on your specific need. Some of these forms are:
- Vape pipes.
- Tinctures and so on.
It is observed that vapers have a faster speed of delivery although the effect ears off quickly too.
Are there any side effects to using CBD?
Although CBD is generally deemed safe for use, it can still cause adverse effects in some people. Some of these adverse effects include:
- Fatigue: Many people complain about fatigue when they use CBD but research shows this may be due to the high level of dose consumed.
- Inhibition of drug metabolism in the liver: CBD presence in the human body may prevent the passage of drugs in the liver for metabolism.
- Decreased fertilization capacity: excessive use of CBD has been linked to reduced fertility in both males and females.
- Dry mouth
- Mood swings
- Loss of appetite.
Are CBDs addictive?
Since cannabis tends to be addictive when abused, it is only normal for one to worry if CBD which is its derivatives are addictive. However, research shows CBD is not an addictive substance since it is not an intoxicant.
Lastly, it is highly recommended to speak with your medical practitioner before going ahead with the use of any CBD drug.