Over the years, travel videos have become more and more popular, and every year more people start personal blogs or just shoot for family archives. Such videos are often made to remember an exciting journey or share their experience with family or friends.
Many sites already have many different travel videos in different styles, professionally filmed and amateur, and much more. You can make your unique content that will stand out from the rest and give a lot of pleasure to your audience.
If you are a fan of travel, you should try your travel blog. We have some useful tips on how to make your travel video bright and exciting and all you have to do is listen to them and shoot a lot of content to make the video even cooler.
Taken from: https://unsplash.com/photos/48nerZQCHgo
7 Practical Tips for Making a Great Travel Video
Having decided to shoot a travel video, first of all, you should familiarize yourself with similar videos on YouTube or other sites to understand and figure out what kind of video it should have.
Next, you need to decide on a theme that you need to stick to throughout the shooting process and choose no watermark video editor to successfully edit and end up with a beautiful picture. We have prepared for you some actionable tips on how to make a great travel video:
- Set up your camera ahead of time. Before traveling, you should be well prepared and set up your camera, because during the trip you are unlikely to have the opportunity to spend time on this. While traveling, do not change anything, because any wrong change can affect the quality of your video and cause a lot of inconvenience.
- Film as much content as possible. This advice is used not only by beginner travel bloggers but also by professional directors. By shooting a lot of shots, you will surely be able to put together a great video that will impress the audience. Try not to shoot unnecessary views, because it is their review, and deletion can take extra time when editing. And a large number of good shots will help you mount a successful video.
- Shoot as much of the environment as possible, because the audience that wants to enjoy a travel video does not expect to see a lot of shots of your face or the room where you live.
- Experiment with shooting methods. One of the main rules of travel video is that it should never be boring. You can try shooting from different angles, using slow motion, and more.
- Take pictures of the locals. This technique can cause quite a stir because most travel videos only show beautiful views, but few show the beauty of the locals. This experience can be very interesting for both you and your viewers.
- Be responsible for your video editing. You have to choose the right editor with which you can make your video look professional. Editing is often time-consuming, but if you want to make a video successful, you need to take the time to think about ways to edit well.
- Prepare carefully for your trip. Before you go on a trip, prepare the necessary things that you may need. Decide on the place where you will be staying and choose the right attributes that can make your travel video exciting.
Travel Video Equipment
One of the most difficult processes, before you start shooting a video about the trip, is the selection of the necessary equipment. To shoot beautiful videos, you don’t need to have a professional camera, many equipment options will help you make a successful travel video for your blog:
- Action camera. With the help of such a camera, you will have the opportunity to capture not only beautiful views but also the delights of wildlife, no matter what weather conditions overtake you.
- Your cell phone camera. If you do not have the goal of becoming a professional blogger and want to shoot for yourself or your subscribers on a social network, your smartphone camera and a good video editor will be enough for you.
- Drone. Such a camera is one of the most popular among travel bloggers because it can be used not only to shoot on the ground but also from a bird’s eye view.
- Professional video cameras. Such cameras often take up a lot of space and are very heavy.
Making travel videos is a fun activity that allows you to share your experience and beautiful views with your audience. You don’t have to be a professional videographer and have the right equipment to make an exciting video. You can do this with your mobile phone’s camera even as a beginner.
First of all, it is important to understand why you are shooting a travel video and be ready for a lengthy editing process. We have shared with you some tips and equipment options to help you make a beautiful travel video. By following our advice, you can be sure that your travel video will receive a lot of praise and become successful on various video platforms.